Since early March, 2020, we have collectively witnessed an unprecedented time in history. From a worldwide pandemic, social and political movements that shook the world, to a political season like we have never witnessed before, the past year has given us no shortage of obstacles nor moments to document.
The role of photojournalists have been more crucial than ever before. Many of us were among the first on the front lines documenting, capturing, experiencing the strifes with the rest of the world.
The School of Media Gallery at Western Kentucky University will be re-opening to the public this fall and we are looking to our alumni to offer up still images and video stories to be considered for inclusion in our March to March exhibition.
And we need YOUR help.
WKUPJ is now accepting submissions for any photo or video footage covering the months of March 2020 to March 2021.
These images should consist of documentation surrounding the major themes of this past year: Covid-19, BLM Movement and the election.
Who can submit:
- WKU School of Media current students or alumni.
- File naming convention: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_01, LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_02, ETC.
- You may submit up to 10 photos
- Please size your files accordingly: 2000px on the longest side, 300dpi, JPG Medium
- Captions are required in the description field
- The work must be made between March 11, 2020 – March 11, 2021 (approximately)
The deadline to submit is Monday, June 14, 2021
If your image(s) are selected, we will reach back out to you for full resolution files and clarifications on caption information.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.