The Western Kentucky University Photojournalism Program is a part of The School of Journalism and Broadcasting.
Our Mission Statement is to prepare students for a changing media environment by focusing on content, ethics and technology.
If you are a perspective student please see our course lists for more information about the program and contact our program’s coordinator James Kenney (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email or call the SJ&B front office at 270-745-4144.
- Community Impact and Service: Integrate a spirit of social awareness and community service among students, faculty and staff.
- Digital Media Technology and Responsible Social Media Integration: Promote an integrated Digital Media and Social Media approach to both education and creativity among faculty and students.
- Hands-On Curriculum: Maintain a curriculum that emphasizes hands-on learning and reflects global professional practices.
- Internationally Recognized and Diverse Faculty: Develop and support a top-tier faculty that leads its respective profession through effective teaching, creative work and active engagement in scholarship.
- Spirit of Innovation: Promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurial thinking among faculty and students.
- Embrace Collaboration: Encourage collaboration as an opportunity to innovate and create strategic partnerships among all the disciplines.
- Dynamic Diversity Plan: Implement a Diversity Plan that has an inclusive curriculum; diverse faculty and student population and supportive environment. The Plan includes a domestic and international focus and is assessed annually.
- Excellent Learning Facilities: Maintain and enhance physical infrastructure to provide state-of-the-art learning.